General Advising

We assist with questions about university process and procedures and other general advising inquiries. Go the "help" icon on your student portal to schedule an appointment with your dedicated student success advisor or live chat with a general advising representative. To speak with a representative by phone call 800-925-3368.

How to register for a course

You may register for your next course approximately 90 days prior to the start of class and make any course changes up to 3 days after the start of class. If you’re an undergraduate student or doctoral student in your coursework, go to the myWalden student portal and select "Support" from the left-hand navigation. Then select Register For Class to add your course.  

For Master's students and doctoral students in the capstone portion of their program please send an email to if you wish to adjust the courses you were automatically registered for. Check the academic calendar for add or drop periods.

When are grades posted?

Instructors have up to 10 days following the assignment deadline to post grades. Grades are posted in the myGrades area in the classroom. Final course grades will be posted in myGrades and can also be found on your degree audit.

How do I request my official Walden Transcript?

In your myWalden student portal go to "Support" from the left-hand navigation menu and select Request Official Transcript.

How do I contact the Field Experience team?

You can find the contact information for the Field Experience team for your program on the Field Experience Website.

How do I request Meditrek login for Field Experience?

Visit the Meditrek website and click on login and forgot username or password. Enter your Walden email address, if your email is not found contact the Customer Care Team.

Where can I access the Field Experience manual for my program?

Go to the Field Experience manual page to locate the manual for your program. The Field Experience manual contains detailed information about field experience requirements and policies. All students are expected to read the manual and be familiar with its contents.

How can I track the status of my application in Meditrek?

The following document has steps on how to track the status of your application meditrek.

Where can I review a list of field sites that Walden has an affiliation agreement with?

To access this list, please log-in to Meditrek and go to "Search Affiliation Agreements" and then fill out the appropriate search parameter fields for your needs.  You will then be able to obtain a list of sites for your field placement.